Saturday, July 01, 2006

My New Zealand Adventure

Well, I'm back safe and sound in Melbourne everyone! My very first international jaunt was pretty satisfying all things considered, and Mom really enjoyed seeing everyone at the conference.

The actual flying bit of the trip didn't bother me as much as everyone thought it would, though if airplane food is anything to go by I'll gladly stay on breastmilk for the forseeable future. Man, those ham sandwhiches looked like they were made of fibreglass!


Here I am on the plane. Let me tell you, I don't know what everyone complains about... I had plenty of legroom in economy! I did have one issue however, what happened to my headphones? I mean, I love Grandma Helen and Mom dearly but 3 consecutive hours of goo-goo-ing and gaa-gaa-ing meant I couldn't watch the movie. Which is a shame, because for all I know Pauly Shore might just be the most gifted actor of his generation. But since I couldn't watch Encino Man, I'll have to take my Dad's word for it that he is.


Here you can see how Mom managed to fit me into her very hectic schedule, right after "Pacific Perspectives on International Law" and just before "International Law and Democratic Theory". I don't mean to brag (oh, who am I kidding, of course I love to toot my own horn) but I like to think that I was actually the big hit of the conference.


And now, a shout out to my New En-Zee Crew! Mom took me around to meet the most important people, and although they were all aware of my controversial opinion on the application of international treaties in Australian law... we still managed to get along just fine. Respect to my homies!

Since Mom was at the conference for so much of the time, Grandma Helen and I hung out and did all the New Zealand touristy things together. Wellington is a pretty happening city actually...


Here we are in our hotel.


Oh oh! Better watch out for those wacky kiwi birds, they're everywhere!


What would New Zealand be without sheep?


If it's Friday, it must be Heli-Skiing day!

That's right, Grandma Helen and I went into the mountains to carve up some sweet powder. Man, there was this one time when Grandma Helen was just shredding this really wicked corner on her snowboard and... what, you don't believe me?

OK, the truth is we didn't actually get out much. I spent most of my time sleeping or playing with Grandma Helen. Thank goodness she was there!

We did get out one afternoon to 'Te Papa' (the New Zealand national museum) where Mom thought it would be really funny to leave me alone in front of this terrifying Emu like creature called a Moa! I'm pretty sure I once saw the same monster destroy Tokyo with it's fire breath and laser beam eyes, but that might have been a movie.


I look pretty scared there don't I? Well don't worry folks, it was all for show. I mean, sure I pooped up my nappie pretty quick... but that had nothing to do with that look of absolute terror on my face. I'm pretty sure it was gas.

Bye for now!

S.

2 Comments:

Blogger aDeL said...

This is Aunty Adeline. It so awesome to get updates on my niece from this blog. Great job with this blog! She's so beautiful! I hope the gift from the Ongs and Fangs has been useful too :) All our love to the family! xoxo

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Guru S.,

Do you have a view on our extradition to the US given your international law / human rights breeding?

Thanks,

Gary M, Giles D & David B,
Finance Sector,UK

P.S. Dear Cormier 3, The Slykermen ( Jo and C!!) send all their love from LONDON!). Clearly we are slow- we regularly read your blog with intererest Saskia but we have only just this time worked out how to email you.(Doh!)Does your Mum still check her old email? I guess she might be too busy these days.
Finally we have something in the post to you.
All our love from here!! xxxxx

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home