Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Great Outdoors

So my entire life, I've never really known a beautiful summer day. I was born at the start of winter... and while I do love autumn and winter fashions (a tip for the ladies: there's nothing like a hat, scarf and mittens to flatter the *ahem* slightly more plump baby figure) I've secretly been yearning to get outside and see what all the fuss is about.

Unfortunately, my paranoid parents have kept me on a pretty tight leash so far. If we ever go anywhere it's always home-car-house-car-home again. Booooring. In fact, I was watching the OC the other day when Ryan and Marissa spent a day at this magical place with fuzzy green floors that I'd never seen before. She called it a 'park'. (Of course, I almost missed that because I was so furious that Ryan wasn't making enough of an effort to win back Marissa, especially since everybody knew she was going to die in the next couple of episodes!)

OK... so I'm rambling now. Long story short, I finally got to visit one of these 'parks' yesterday!


Apparently the bizarre ritualistic activity everyone is taking part in is called a picnic. There were a whole bunch of other babies around too... some of them very familiar with proper picnic etiquette. Like, this one much older 6 month old boy was telling me that it's completely appropriate to smear potato salad on your face, and then eat the grass instead. Though I'm not so sure I believe him... it's hard to take advice from someone who isn't wearing any pants. (Please note that I am wearing pants. With sequins. Life is good.)


Ahh, the tourist shot. Note the beautiful brown Yarra river water in the background. Melbourne is extremely proud that we convert our massively polluted river water into a much safer environmentally friendly form.

Dad also has to learn not to stop the pram directly in the sun while taking pictures... squinting gives me premature wrinkles!

OK, the next episode of the OC is on in 5 minutes so I gotta run. Oops! Mom's coming, I better change the channel... she thinks I'm watching Playschool. I would, except the Big Ted - Little Ted - Jemima love triangle is just sooo predictable.

Peace Out...

Sass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home