Sunday, February 11, 2007

Piling up those Air Miles...

I flew to Canberra for the weekend to visit some friends, and took Mom and Dad along for the ride. If you're keeping track, that'd be 10 flights now. I'm 9 and a half months old. You do the math, I'm what you'd call an insanely-frequent flyer.

Needless to say, with my points-to-age ratio I should automatically get Platinum status and lifetime membership to the super exclusive Qantas Ultra-Luxury-Not-For-Losers-Club. Instead, I got bupkis. Apparently there's some kind of ridiculous requirement that you must actually be old enough to sit in your own seat before you can earn points. Just another example of blatant anti-baby discrimination. My brothers and sisters in arms (I mean that literally, most of them are still in their parents' arms) will hear of this!

Here's Dad pleading with me to end my protest and board the plane to Canberra. Eventually, I was promised sultanas. I was hungry. I relented. Touche Dad!


Of course, once I made it to Canberra I was the life of the party. I was especially interested to check out how my nemesis Jackie was doing! Turns out she and her dreamboat husband Todd are having a baby. I'm thinking I probably don't have a chance with him anymore.

*Sigh* You'll never forget your first true heartbreak. The pain of my shattered heart will haunt my soul forever.

But life goes on! Here's a photo of me breaking the ice as I tell one of my favourite politically incorrect jokes to the gang...

"So a baby seal walks into a bar..."

"C'mon guys don't look at me like that, it's pure comedy gold!"

Thankfully, Mom's friend Helen has always been sympathetic to my unrequited crush... and so in order to cheer me up she went and had twin boys, Alex and Nicholas. (Not to be confused with these other famous greek twins named Alex and Nick.)

Thanks for that Auntie Helen, it's just what a girl like me needed in my fragile state. Well, that and some hardcore shoe shopping. I owe you one.

Later!

Saskia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home