Friday, October 20, 2006

Mom's Book

So Mom and Dad took me out to the bookstore, because more than anything I love books! Not reading them mind you, but slobbering all over the pages.

And lo and behold... guess what we found at the super-mega Borders bookstore in Lygon street?

Ta-daa!! Mom's book. I mean, it's as if I were browsing the local bookstore with Salman Rushdie and we started reading through 'The Satanic Verses' and I'd be all like... "So Salman, is it really worth all the fuss?" and he'd be all like "Yeah Sass, I mean I got to hang out with Bono before he got all save-the-world like". Only it was Mom, and her book never got an Ayatollah angry.

Of course, given that her book is a discourse on how well Australia respects the international rule of law, I find it just a bit ironic that it's filed under 'True Crime.'

(This is me, when told that unlike Salman, Mom never got to hang out with Bono. Even though she did get Sonny Bono's autograph once.)

I haven't mentioned him in a while (at least, not since the last blog entry) but here's Dad. Think he looks like me? Must suck for him if he's considered as cute as a little girl.

Peace Out!

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home