Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Me and my Horse

It was Melbourne Cup day today, so everyone in Melbourne was completely pre-occupied with the horse races and nothing else. Not even with my hair (can you believe it?)

I've decided I love those jockey fashions... such tiny people, such big bold coloured jerseys! I figure I'd make a pretty good jockey myself (and I do look good in stripes) so in an attempt to show my Cup spirit I ran my horse at Grandma Helen's...

Yipikayeh!

Although to the casual observer my horse might look like Uncle Nick, in fact I guarantee you he is a certified thoroughbred stud and his name is 'Slowkie McPokie'. We had 180-1 odds against us coming into the race, which I thought was actually pretty generous considering the gaming commission 'accidentally' left us off the main bill. So of course, I bet the house against me and managed to turn a tidy little profit. Now to buy Telstra shares...



I can say this much about Slowkie McPokie... he may not be the winningest horse I've ever ridden, but he does give good hugs. For a horse. Which he is.

Giddyup!

S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home